Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mike's knee surgery

Three years ago Mike went to play basketball with some friends. When I came home from work he was in bed with his leg elevated with ice on it. He said he think he did something to it.
He continued to use hurt knee doing all the things he loved to do. Finally the pain on his knee became unbearable. He could no longer play basketball and running was painful.
We decided it was time for ACL replacement. On April 6th he had the procedure performed. He had never had surgery before and was really nervous. I was nervous for him since I had never been in that position of waiting while he was in the surgery.
The surgery was quick. The DR did a great job. When Mike was coming out of surgery he was really funny and sweet. He kept calling me his "beautiful wife" and telling me he loved me. So sincere were his words.
Today is his first day back to work. He is doing a good job getting around on the crutches that the hospital gave him. He is looking forward to getting back to normal. He has learned to be dependent on me and others for help. He was told his recover will be slow. He didn't like that very much.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Jason is really active and I am hoping he never has to have surgery. Glad Mike has you to take care of him. :)