Sunday, June 10, 2012

Goldilocks ride

On May 12th I rode my bike 63 miles. The Goldilocks ride is an all women ride. There were about 3000 participants. 
With my friends, I am the second in on the right.
A few weeks before I rode my bike 64 miles. This was another ride called The Front Runner Century, metric century. It was from Salt Lake City to Ogden. This was a ride that Mike had signed up for before he got his surgery. He asked me if I wanted to do the ride. The longest I had gone on my bike was 32 miles. I decided to take up the challenge. It was difficult task but I was able to do the ride because I had some great friends that I had made, that kept me going.
My finish time and distance.
Well I had signed up for Goldilocks before Mike's race, I was going to ride 40 miles in the Goldilocks ride but since I had just ridden 64 I went for another 60 miles. For some reason this time felt so much better. I don't know if it was because I knew I had done it before that it didn't feel so difficult or if it was because I was with my friends again. 
So happy I finished!
The ride was amazing. Such a well planned ride. There was an awesome lunch provided too. It was amazing to see so many women riding their bikes. So many levels of ability. I have to say I was a bit emotional about the whole thing. When it was over I just couldn't believe it. I had done another long ride. It took me 5 hours but it was a fun 5 hours. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: