Sunday, June 10, 2012

We got a CAT, well a Kitty.

We have a baby in the house. A furry one. She is a cute calico cat named Ginny Weasley Nielsen.
We don't have great luck with pets. So I hope that we have this one for a long time. Mike was out of town and when he leaves I get some really great ideas. ie. I painted the whole house while he was gone once.
A few years ago we had to get rid of our cats Rachel and Phoebe. It was a sad day. Since then the kids have asked for an animal. Mostly they have wanted a dog. Over Mike's dead body can we get a dog. Mike is a cat lover. So the night that he was gone I was looking on KSL classifieds for kitties. There are lot right now since it's spring time. I found some that were cute and didn't look like our previous cats. The lady never called me back but there was another ad that had free kitties. They were 6 weeks old. Mike had a Saturday off and we took a drive to SLC to see these free kittens. Jersey was so excited she could hardly contain herself. We fell in love with our little calico cat. Phoenix was asleep but when he woke up said that we should call the kitty, Kitty Softpaws. Like from Pussy and Boots fame. We all agreed that her name should be Ginny. As I writing this I would like to change her name to Katniss. I will have to ask the kids in the morning about that.
So our kitty likes to attack anything that moves. My hand is scarred. But she loves to cuddle. When it gets to be late into the night she will curl up next to and purr this really loud purr and clothes her eyes. I glad she can go into the bathroom and sleep there all night. There have been a few nights where we let her roam the house. I didn't get that much sleep those nights.



It's official..... The kids liked the name change so she is now Katniss Everdeen Nielsen

No comments: