Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's day!

I have mixed emotions about this day. I like it for the extra love I get to shower on my children and my husband. But I often get annoyed because of the expectations I set up for myself, when they don't happened...well I don't feel so warm and fuzzy.
This is how I was feeling at the beginning of the week. I love my husband, he is great. Holidays like this one are hard for him. He always says "I don't need a holiday to tell you I love you" needless to say with the lack of romance and money we have subpar Valentine's days.
Imagine my surprise when I came home from work yesterday to a sheepish looking husband! I was wondering what he had been doing while I was at work. He took out a slim box from his backpack and said "I can't wait until tomorrow" The box was a new iPad mini. Spoiled? YES!
I couldn't believe it! I also enjoyed the sweet pictures he took too. I became a happy,gushing, romantic girl for the day. I wanted to spend more time with my love today, that I left work early to surprise him with lunch. After 11years, we might finally be getting it right!





1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I kind of hate Valentine's Day. It's fun to give little Valentines to my kids and Jason, but in the end, I always have expectations that it's going to be a really romantic day and it never is. So extra love, yes, romance no. We've got a few more years until we hit 11, so maybe that will change. ;)