Thursday, February 02, 2012

Should have listen...maybe next time

Last night was a a very weird night. I went to bed earlier than normal even though I wasn't super tired. I had to work this morning early because I was going to the dentist. Well around 2am I was woken up by a feeling I was having. It was disturbing. I felt like something was wrong with the garage. I couldn't remember if we had closed it. I then I remember we had because I went out to my car to get my new pillow. I thought about it again and thought maybe the garage door to the house was open. That has happened from time again, when we don't shut the door tight. We wake up freezing. The feeling kept pushing me to get up or to wake up Mike so he could go check the garage. I didn't want to do that. I didn't want him to have to wake up. I tried to pray to make the feeling go away. That didn't help, it made the feeling stronger I felt paralyzed. Something was wrong and it was in my garage. 
Around 4am Mike woke up and he went to check on the garage. I was half awake, half asleep, still restless. I asked him what he was doing. He said that he couldn't sleep and that he needed to go check the garage. He did and nothing was out there that was scary or disturbing. 
When I finally woke up to get ready for work I was still a little unnerved. I could hear the wind howling. It made me shake. Before I left for work I was talking to Mike. He found it strange that he needed to get up in the night to check the garage. I told him how I had a feeling earlier that he needed to do that and that I was suppose to wake him up. 
I'm glad that at least one of us listens to promptings. I hear but I don't listen very well.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I decided sometimes we are given feelings and promptings to help us recognize the Spirit so we don't question it when it really matters. I know sometimes I wonder, Am I just being paranoid or is it the Spirit? So I believe we are given situations to help us better recognize what is what. :)