Monday, June 01, 2009

Trip to Arizona

For our AZ trip we had a great time the weather was almost about perfect. I loved that I was getting some color. I feel so much better when I have some color. Mike and I tried to find inexpensive ways of doing things in AZ. We didn't find to many things though. You can't walk around a mall or shops without thinking you have to buy something. So much more money was spent. We did try to hike Camelback mountain since our condo was at the bottom of Camelback mountain. We took advantage of the pool and the resort, mini-golf and the playground.










a Gila Monster we saw on Camelback mountain. Mike asked why didn't I get a better shot. Hmm, I don't think I wanted to get any closer.


We experienced Last Chance (again). Mike was terrified that the kids were going to get taken. We went on a hike to the Wind Caves. I was surprised how my kids hiked the whole thing. We were so excited to get to the top. But when we got to the top there were bees everywhere. Since I fear being stung we took a picture saying we made it and then took off back down the mountain.

We enjoyed spending time with family.


My mom, sisters, SIL, and I all went and got our nails done. Mike while we were gone played 27 holes of golf. Of coursed we helped decorate the backyard for my sisters reception. Got together with my dad's side of the family. That was truly a miracle. I enjoyed seeing everyone. It's times like those that I miss the "Valley".


We were of course were thinking that we would stay an extra day but then when all the luggage was packed in the car I was ready to go home. Since we had just finished our basement we were anxious to get home to see everything and see how our upstairs was looking. (We tore up the carpet and vinyl flooring because we had Mike's cousin come in and tile the kitchen and made a walk way from the front door and kitchen.)


We thought on our trip home that we would stop at the Grand Canyon something that we haven't seen since but we kept traveling on and went to Navajo bridge and see the Colorado river. It's such a pretty sight. Then we traveled on through Jacob Lake during Mike's favorite time to drive. DUSK! right when all the deer decide to make their appearance to scare all the travelers. Mike was white knuckling it the whole time. Once we got past we decided that we should stop in Kanab and not go any further. Since we hadn't made hotel reservations we started looking at hotels. Best Western wanted $112 for the night. We figured that most of the nicer hotels were that price so we resorted to the Perry Lodge, Little Hollywood. Many stars of the past stayed there. We stayed in the Tyrone Powers room. The room was quite old-fashion. It had to rooms with two beds. I loved that the pool had a 10 foot depth on one side of it. Of course the pool was closed.













After waking up the next morning we had a delicious breakfast, walked around town. Then headed home. We didn't even stop on the way home. It was great to be back to our house. As I will always love AZ, I think I love my house and home, my neighborhood and friends.
I don't regret not living in AZ. I like Utah.

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Looks like you had a fun vacation. I love Arizona too. I will be there in July when my brother gets back. Too bad I missed you. I was there in April too for Emily's Wedding. The wind caves I remember all those bee's and I hate bees too!

Megan said...

baha! i like stacey's face. i want to see those pictures I hope we get copies