Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finally, the moment you have been waiting for.....

I have pictures of the basement all done. I know lots of you have been waiting for this day. Holding your breath to see the craftsmanship of the Nielsen's.



This is the extra bedroom.


Ok I'm not that self-center. But here are some pictures of the "new" house. Because that is what it is. We have now doubled the size of our house. Which is great but a little difficult to keep up with on the cleaning. I'm sure soon I will find a schedule that works instead of doing all the cleaning one day.



This is a view from the family room looking at the fireplace.



I feel like after 5 1/2 years we can finally get things out of storage and then they have some place besides a box in storage.



The fireplace. Do I need to say more. It's gorgeous and it will make winter bearable this year.

This is the back of the room looking at the T.V. The family room is huge.

This is my pride of the basement. I had an idea to refinish the cabinets. So we sanded them down. Painted the green the added a Walnut stain on top. then added a polyurethane coat. They look so professional. I think I found my new job in life. Re-finishing cabinets. Mike said I had to wait a little longer to switch professions for that.


It's very cold and I think that has to do with the tile floor but summers will be nice to retreat to the cool basement.



Then the tile floor which is at the bottom of our stairs when you walk down. Then the tile goes down the hall as well. Mike's cousin said it looks like a hotel lobby.

Welcome to Nielsen Hotel and we are open for business.



3 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

the basement looks amazing! SO, do you want to help me refinish my kitchen cabinets?

Kelly L said...

Looks fantastic you guys! Can't wait to join you and finish our own basement--I'm sure we'll be peppering you for advice when the time comes!

The Wilkins' said...

Rhiannon it looks beautiful! I bet you totally feel like it's a new house! Now you need to have a party! Can I come?