Sunday, October 04, 2009

Pearl Jam night

I have fought liking Pearl Jam for a long time.
I remembered in 8th grade math class(Mr.Nickel) watching channel one and listening to Pearl Jam. Hearing people make comments about how bad they sucked.
I remembered hearing them in Poland. My friend had their CD and we listened to it over and over again at Language Camp.
I remembered my sophomore year in high school, a super hot senior loved Pearl Jam and listening to them in StuCo. I remember my friend telling me all about them and her coming in to StuCo. with a Rolling Stone Magazine and Pearl Jam on the cover.
I remember another friend who had so many patches on her backpack of Pearl Jam.
I remember she was freaking out when Vitalogy came out and listening to it over and over again.
I remember listening to Pearl Jam in my room rocking out but not to loud so that my parents would make me turn it off.
I remember when I fell in love with a obsessed Pearl Jam fan.
I remember him telling me that we had to have a giant Eddie Vedder poster hang in our new house. I told him that we at least could put him in the stair well and that we had to have a picture of Jesus hanging first.
I remember going to my first Pearl Jam concert in AZ. It was so hot. I was expecting a thin, longed hair Eddie and what I got was something totally different.
I remember when I found out Pearl Jam was coming here to UTAH for the first time in a long time. I screamed with joy, knowing when I told my husband he would scream too.
I remember I did tell him and he didn't believe me.
I remembered to buy tickets to see Pearl Jam.
I remembered to get a babysitter.
I remembered my money.
I remember the words to the songs that were sung.
I remember the sights(Kyle Korver) and sounds.
I remembered to scream like a little girl and lose my voice.
I remember walking away from the concert feeling happy that I spent some time with my love and my love of Pearl Jam.
Yes, for a long time I didn't like them. I don't know the reasoning but since Pearl Jam is part of my life and my house(at least four posters hang in my house of the band),
I can't fight it anymore and I am a fan.

No comments: