Monday, September 21, 2009

Feeling complete

Have you ever felt that something was missing and that you didn't know why it bugged you so bad to not know what it was?

Home decor is a favorite thing of mine. I like to decorate, just like most women. When my mom left her piano with me. I wanted to do something cool on top of it. I put some pictures on it and a plate. It looked nice but not what I was picturing. I already hung pictures on the wall but I didn't want to take them down. One morning I was watching Studio 5 and that show doesn't always appeal to me because they have weird ideas or they are just to expensive. Well they gave the idea to group in 3's and 5's,use books, pictures and greenery to decorate. I had heard those rules before but that wasn't my taste. I didn't like greenery because you have to water or dust and books I had school books or kids books. I went to this great store called Taipan Trading Co. It's a wonderful place with great ideas and things to buy. Also it's a bad place because I do spend money there. The kids and I were walking through the store and I found the perfect thing to put on top of the piano. A birdcage, then we walked a little further and I found a topiary that looked like ornamental grass, again perfect. I was pretty pleased with the new treasures I found. They had clean lines and weren't to knick-knacky. I arranged them on the top of the piano with some old books I found. Then I added a wedding picture of Mike and I.

Tada! I feel that the living room is complete and that everything ties in together.

It's a weird feeling but since I have made the top of the piano complete. I feel more calm and not so iterated.
(picture courtesy of Phe Nielsen)

4 comments:

Keri and Crew said...

Wow, Rhiannon- that looks great! I agree, I love Tai Pan. When I go in, my head starts spinning with all the great ideas and projects I see. And your piano- it's absolutely beautiful. Do you get to keep it forever or just until your parents come back? What a fantastic addition to your home. I'm jealous!

mad white woman said...

Maybe I need to watch some decorating shows. I'm totally house decor challenged.

Oh, and if Mike met all your wants in a husband up through 40, that's pretty amazing!

Jenna said...

It looks great! I love your flowers too. Why can't I grow those here? Miss you

Katy said...

I feel more relaxed in a clean, well decorated put together room too. I think it's because when it's not the way you want it, it's mentally on your to do list. It starts to weigh you down after a while. Looks great!