Sunday, September 21, 2008

dessert

I love Sundays because I feel like it's day you can just eat and eat and not feel bad about it. Since it's rare to eat as a family or have a hot meal. I enjoy making dinner for everyone and also making a dessert to go along with it. The dessert does help with the kids as leverage if they eat their food or not.

Tonight's dinner was no exception.

I tried a curry dish. Usually we have roast on Sundays but I was craving this recipe for "Easy Curry Chicken" The dish was easy to make but I didn't dig it so much. Maybe because I like pasta, tacos, pizza or meat & potatoes. So I was venturing out of the comfort food zone. Mike seemed to like it but of course the kids ate like birds.

OK so back to the dessert, I also have been craving. Chocolate lush. It's one of my favorites. I had plans last week to make it for Mike's birthday but it didn't happen. Chocolate Lush is a great dessert and easy to make. It does have a down side. You have to wait about 3 hours to eat it so it can set. Mike was making fun saying that is not the point of dessert to have to wait. But the waiting was good for us. Mike and I fell asleep while Jersey and Phoenix made a mess. We were all enjoying ourselves. We sat down for the delicious dessert. Mike of course couldn't just have one heaping helping of dessert but two. Phoenix got it all over his face and Jersey enjoyed it to the last bite.

I love Sunday dessert.

5 comments:

Palmer family said...

i hope i get to see you this friday! it will be FUN!

Jenna said...

That is all I do on Sunday is eat, and it is never, ever healthy. So sad, but most enjoyable!

See it Try it Love it said...

I totally agree. Every Sunday I think "what dessert should I make today" That Chocolate Lush sounds yummy, you are going to have to give me the recipe, I am always looking for new yummy desserts.

Clay's gal said...

Chocolate Lush?? Sounds like heaven to me! Now you have to post the recipe!

The Wilkins' said...

I LOVE Chocolate Lush! There's a lemon lush that's tasty too! What's Sunday without a tasty dessert?