Saturday, May 17, 2008

play play play

Today was the first time I got to see one of Jersey's soccer games this season. She did well but she gets nervous I think because she wasn't running as hard as I knew she could. But I knew this would be the trouble of signing her up for sports to soon. Oh well we tried, I can wait until she is a little older to do more sports. But regardless she had fun. There is one little boy on her team that loves being with her. His name is Cutter. He is quite a talker too.


Phoenix was sporting some great sunglasses but because he was messing around with them he broke them. He was pretty bummed that he couldn't play soccer with Jersey today. He likes to run and kick the ball.

After the game we ran a few errands and then headed home so Mike could get ready to go to work. When he left all I could think about was going back to bed. I was so tired. I tried to put on movie but apparently our t.v. is a little whacked out at the moment. It was turning off on it's own. So yeah I'm thrilled to see what the problem is with that. Because there was no t.v. I knew I couldn't go to sleep and let the kids run crazy so I took them on a bike ride to the park. (mom usually doesn't do that kind of thing) They enjoyed it fully playing on the slides, swinging and rolling down the grass hill. I was really proud of Phoenix because he is a very timid kid and he was climbing all over the place and saying "Look Mom"






























***Some past things that I forgot to post about were that we went to Classic Skating with Mike's sister and her kids. Jersey had a blast riding her scooter and playing in the "jungle". At Classic Skating if you pay like $7.50 you get 10 free tokens and can skate, play in the bounce houses and "jungle". The place reminds me of good ole' Skateland. (Ahh the days.) Phoenix didn't really care for the bounce houses or the "jungle" but he did go into it after awhile. He really liked the games. He wanted to keep playing those. Jersey liked everything of course and was excited to get a prize. She got a ring and a locket.

We also had the opportunity to go with some friends to Copperton Park. It is a really neat park with big ole tires and a huge slide. Phoenix was nervous to go down the slide. He would climb to the top and then he didn't know what to do when he got there. It was field trip day so there were a lot of kids around. After the second time of having to rescue him, some "big" girls were holding his hands and helping him around the playground. When a bigger kid pushed him down the girls brought him over to me. I thought it was pretty sweet. Copperton Park is one park that I love going to. It's not very far from our house but when you go there it is like you are transformed in time because the little community is so old.

5 comments:

Crissybug said...

She looks so cute in her soccer uniform. I want to put Caden in soccer too.

Skateland rocked. I think I had my 4th grade birthday party there.

Isn't it so hard to do something when you are sooo tired!? Yet in the end it you were able to enjoy something with the kids that you otherwise would not have! It looks like you guys have some really fun parks up there!

Tanya Leigh said...

Way to go, Rhiannon! Sadly, our park outings are on their way out as the temperatures climb too high for any fun :P

Hillary Corpuz said...

Hey girl!! I love reading your posts! I want to hear more about your new job, I will read the below post and hope it fills me in more.. I went private on my blog so I need your email address to add you.. hillarycorpuz@hotmail.com

Anderson Family said...

How Fun your already a Soccer mom! I am excited for the day my little girl gets involved in some kind of sport where I will get to go and watch her have fun!

Jenna said...

I love being outside with the kids.........it cooled off today so we went rollarblading and i thought I was 12 again. Julie started a blog...the link is on mine!! Miss you