Monday, February 15, 2010

Braces off



On Wednesday I got my braces off. I was quite surprised because I didn't think I would have them off for at least another few months. When I went into the Orthodontist on Tuesday they said my teeth looked great and was I ready to take my braces off on Wednesday? When I left the appointment I was jumping for joy. Getting them off right before Valentine's day! Getting to eat all the chocolate and other delicious goodies...pure happiness.
I got a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth and a retainer that I only have to wear at night. I'm so glad that I wore them for the last year and three months. I have been having a hard time getting use to not seeing my mouth covered in metal. I still rub my teeth with my tongue after I eat because I am nervous that food will get stuck I hope that reaction will go away.
I took a picture of myself but it's not fabulous but then again I'm really critical of myself.

6 comments:

mad white woman said...

Sweet! I haven't had braces, but I've always imagined licking your teeth after getting them off is like shaving your legs for the first time and feeling them rub on the sheet. Ha ha. I think that comparison makes me sound a little odd. Ah, well. :)

Mark and JanaRae said...

yeah for slippery teeth. I am excited that you got to get your braces off. What fun feeling and a great smile!

See it Try it Love it said...

The day I got my braces off was probably in the top 5 of the best days of my life. Enjoy it! The elation will soon fade. But as long as you wear your retainer your gorgeous smile never will! You look Gorgeous!

Lauren and Jason said...

I am so happy for you to have your braces off! You look great! I missed your smile since you didn't like to smile with braces. I was the same way. At least you only had a year and 3 months! I love you!

Jenna said...

Rhi- Braces or not you will always be beautiful blonde Rhi that I love!!!! I miss u! I need to call u I have to tell u something, and no I'm not pregnant:-)

Johnston Family said...

Hey! Yay for no more braces! That is the best feeling & to have them taken off early...bonus!