Monday, July 14, 2008

Right back atcha Babe...

So Rhiannon didn't realize that she logged into her Blogger account yesterday to view Jenna's blog and never logged back out. Sooooo...I'd like to say a few words on this the end of our Anniversary. Here is my list of seven things I've learned over the last seven years. Though Rhiannon can't take credit for teaching these to me if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't have learned them.

  1. Communication is the key. ( I have actually preached this from the beginning. Go ahead ask Rhiannon.)
  2. There is always a lesson to be learned from every situation. Whether it is a shopping spree or an unfinished project. Life is a lesson.
  3. Difference of opinions is a good thing.
  4. If it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't find a lot of things (PS. have you seen my suit pants anywhere?)
  5. The best jugglers are women. They may not throw knives or bowling pins but somehow our house is clean and Jersey can spell her own name.
  6. You're never told what marriage is going to be like or you wouldn't go through with it.
  7. Women are steeped in tradition. Whether it is flowers for Valentines, Mother's Day, or Kwansa they expect you to get them. I'm sorry but this is one thing I have never been able to understand. I'd like to chalk this one up to successful marketing to the most influential demographic.

Thanks for helping me grow up and putting up with my stubbornness, toe-picking, and my love for grape Kool-aid. I'm lucky to have you. I love you Rhi!

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

Now that is sweet. You guys have such a strong relationship and it's REAL. You don't hide reality, but you learn from it. Congratulations to you guys!

Jenna said...

That was nice to give a shout out to Rhi. I am not sure Damon even knows what are blog site name is!! Damon is also the communicator and a good one at that. It took a while for me to open up like he does!!!! Also, your toe-picking thing.............sick, but funny!!! You guys rock!

The Pettit Family said...

So sweet. Happy anniversary!

Marquita said...

Such a sweet husband! What nice words!

Stacey said...

Hey, check out Lauren and Jason's wedding video I finally posted. www.keepsakeproductions.com. Love ya, hope life is good!