Friday, July 27, 2007

OH HUM!

Wow if the weather wasn't really bad outside I would wonder why my mood sucks so bad. I don't get depressed to often (thanks to the happy pills I take) but somethings can take a good mood and shoot it down so fast. Tonight was one of those nights. I had some people over for a jewelry party. Lia Sophia? have you ever heard of it?
Well, Mike called to see if the party was still raging on. While we were talking he exclaims "I've hit a deer" I'm thinking you are crazy, I said are you kidding he responded why would I joke about that? So I knew that this was serious. He said that the air bags deployed and that the front end to the car was smashed along with the front window and who knows about the under carriage of the car? Basically this deer was on a suicide mission. It first ran in front of Mike in plenty of time to get away but the huge Ford F350 truck that came down the hill hit it and the deer came flying back to Mike's car. I'm sure that he was watching everything in slow motion. To make it a little more eerie the stop light that he had just passed was struck by lightening. I'm really glad that Mike is OK don't get me wrong but I'm so mad about the car. We have had our little Honda Accord for 5 years. It's been beat up quite a bit. But it doesn't need to be totalled. My bother-in-law that works for a car dealer and who picked up Mike tonight said that looking at the stats of our car we are looking to get about $4000 dollars from the totalling of our car. Which is so lame (if it happens) because we PAID IT OFF! We also just got new tires for the car like 3 months ago. We don't want another car payment right now we can't afford another bill. So if we got a new car it wouldn't really be new it would be some beater that would probably barely run. It's not like we can us the rental car service for to long either that insurance provides. I honestly hate hate money. I like when we have it but when something like this happens it kills me. This is the month that we are suppose to get back on our feet and feel good about things. What is going to happen to this month with a stupid thing like having to get a new car. There are a lot of few choice words I would like to give to that deer right about now. I know that we well be OK in the end and that these things make us humble. But what if I don't want to be humble anymore. What if I want to be snotty and mean and just stuck up and have all the money that would make me happy RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Why can't I get that and be that person? Why do I get to be the person that has to wait and be patient? Why is that everytime things are looking all right something bad happens?
I honestly wonder what I did to the pagan gods for them to hate on me so much! It is 1:20 in the morning and I can't sleep. Mike is reading Harry Potter to keep his mind off things. I just keep thinking could we make it on one car? I know the answer is NO but what is seriously going to happen? Mike and I work two different directions of the Salt Lake Valley. I hope that there is some way to just repair our car and not total it all together. That would be the biggest blessing of all. I guess I should humble myself so that things will work out for the best.

3 comments:

Sun Baked Patt's said...

Our prayers are with you guys.
Glad that Mike is okay and hope that you can get your car repaired.
It seems like things go like that in our life as well so we can sympathize with you.
Hope your weekend goes better.

mad white woman said...

let's start a poor-man money haters club. :) i'm sorry to hear about your car and i hope things turn out. it seems like life is a cycle... good, medium, poor, bad and then back to the good, so hopefully it is time for the GOOD to start! did the other guy stop? it seems like he would be liable for mike's accident?

Hillary Corpuz said...

I hear ya sista.