Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fourth of July activties

Every year that I have been married. Mike and I have been going to the West Jordan City parade. This year was a weird year for the parade. We were towards the middle of the parade and there were a lot of people crowding around us. We get there quite early so we have a nice spot. Parades are funny because I think they bring out the worst in human nature towards others and there surroundings. You will understand what I mean.(see above slide show for illustration) Mike was sitting down on the curb watching and waiting for the parade to come. This lady came up right next to him and just stood there. Watching the parade. Well it was blocking Mike's view. Basically her butt was right in Mike's face. So he tapped her on the shoulder and asked her to move. She was OK about moving but then her daughter went and stood in the same spot. Right in front of Mike.


My kids were so funny to watch at the parade. Especially Phoenix. He loved to see all the Go-Gos. He would just stand there in amazement about it all. Jersey of course loved all the horses that she saw. She said that she wants to be a Cowgirl princess.

After the Parade we went to Mike's mom's house for a BBQ. Then we went to the West Jordan Western Stampede. It is our Nielsen tradition to go to the Rodeo. I love going to the Rodeo. It gets my me in my Cowgirl spirit. We wear our Cowpoke hats and our western garb. This is one of Jersey huge highlights of the year. She really wanted to ride a horse this year. I think that she thinks that she can just get up on the horse and go. Phoenix really got into the Rodeo this year as well. But I noticed that his two year old attention stand couldn't handle the Rodeo by the end of the night.

When the Rodeo was all over we walked over to the West Jordan City park and watched Fireworks. Phoenix was in such awe. Jersey was as well. For a moment no one spoke. It was a Fourth of July miracle.

3 comments:

Admin said...

How fun! I didn't know you were a cowgirl now! :D I love your pictures & the rodeo looks cool.

loverofmysmithboyz said...

Rhiannon,
It sounds like you had so much fun!! I love your blog it is a good way to keep in contact with everyone!! Your kids are sooo sooo cute! It reminds me of good old snowflake 24th rodeo!! I helped Michelle make a blog so you will have to add her!! Hope all is well! love ya, shawna

mad white woman said...

your kids are adorable rhiannon... and i'm glad you had your own special 4th of july miracle ;)